Mindfulness in Schools Project .b
What is the .b Programme?
A classroom-based mindfulness curriculum, ‘.b’ (pronounced ‘dot be’) is a 10- session curriculum for young people aged 11-18 and is offered formally as a series of lessons which often sit well within a PSHE curriculum or elsewhere, and informally through integrating the learning and practice of mindfulness in all National Curriculum subjects and in the children’s everyday lives.
What will .b do for the young people in my school?
.b aims to help young people:
• To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others.
• To fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, both academically and personally.
• To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled).
• To work with difficult mental states such as anxious thoughts and low moods.
• To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues.
Check out what young people who took part in the programme thought of it here
For research on the efficacy of the programme please visit this page